North America’s consumer industry saw a rise of 12.88% in deal activity during September 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Cherng Family Trust and Stonepeak Partners’ $5.65bn private equity deal with Blackstone Real Estate Partners VII, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 149 consumer industry deals worth $12.1bn were announced for the region in September 2021, against the 12-month average of 132 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in September 2021 with 71 transactions, representing a 47.7% share for the region.
In second place was M&A with 51 deals, followed by private equity deals with 27 transactions, respectively capturing a 34.2% and 18.1% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, private equity was the leading category in North America’s consumer industry with $9.44bn, while M&A and venture financing deals totalled $1.45bn and $1.17bn, respectively.
North America consumer industry deals in September 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer deals accounted for 84.7% of the overall value during September 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer deals stood at $10.21bn, against the overall value of $12.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry deals of September 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Cherng Family Trust and Stonepeak Partners $5.65bn private equity deal with Blackstone Real Estate Partners VII
2) The $2.21bn private equity of Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts by Cascade Investment
3) Ardian $1bn private equity deal with Florida Food Products
4) The $900m acquisition of Igloo Products by Domestic Group
5) Royal DSM $453m acquisition deal with First Choice Ingredients