North America’s consumer industry saw a rise of 23.08% in cross border deal activity during November 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Bain Capital and MBK Partners’ $575m venture financing of Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment – US, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 32 consumer industry cross border deals worth $1.6bn were announced for the region in November 2021, against the 12-month average of 26 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in November 2021 with 16 transactions, representing a 50% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with 13 deals, followed by private equity deals with three transactions, respectively capturing a 40.6% and 9.4% share of the overall cross border deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of cross border deals, venture financing was the leading category in North America’s consumer industry with $1.13bn, followed by M&A deals totalled $458.69m.
North America consumer industry cross border deals in November 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer cross border deals accounted for 94.2% of the overall value during November 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer cross border deals stood at $1.5bn, against the overall value of $1.6bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry cross border deals of November 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Bain Capital and MBK Partners $575m venture financing deal with Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment – US
2) The $500m venture financing of Impossible Foods by Mirae Asset Global Investments
3) Anjac $263.11m acquisition of 64% stake in Apollo Healthcare
4) The $99.92m acquisition of Sol Cuisine by PlantPlus Foods
5) FansUnite Entertainment $58.2m acquisition deal with American Affiliate