North America’s consumer industry saw a rise of 26.32% in cross border deal activity during June 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Alpha Impact Investment Management Partners, BlackRock Investments, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, CPT Capital, General Atlantic, Louis DreyfusLLC, Rage Capital, Rellevant Partners, Rethink Food NYC, Teachers Innovation Platform, Viking Global Investors and Wittington Ventures’ $226m venture financing of Motif FoodWorks, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 24 consumer industry cross border deals worth $383.5m were announced for the region in June 2021, against the 12-month average of 19 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in June 2021 with 11 transactions, representing a 45.8% share for the region.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In second place was M&A with nine deals, followed by private equity deals with four transactions, respectively capturing a 37.5% and 16.7% share of the overall cross border deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of cross border deals, venture financing was the leading category in North America’s consumer industry with $322.88m, followed by M&A deals totalled $60.66m.
North America consumer industry cross border deals in June 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer cross border deals accounted for 87.3% of the overall value during June 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer cross border deals stood at $334.67m, against the overall value of $383.5m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry cross border deals of June 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Alpha Impact Investment Management Partners, BlackRock Investments, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, CPT Capital, General Atlantic, Louis DreyfusLLC, Rage Capital, Rellevant Partners, Rethink Food NYC, Teachers Innovation Platform, Viking Global Investors and Wittington Ventures’ $226m venture financing of Motif FoodWorks
2) The $50m venture financing deal with Kadenwood by Arcadian Capital Management and The Craftory
3) Tomorrow Education Technology’s $26.42m acquisition of 75% stake in CTEH
4) The $17.25m acquisition of High Fidelity by Slang Worldwide
5) Heritage Cannabis’ acquisition of Capna Intellectual for $15m.