Total retail industry venture financing deals in December 2020 worth $527.82m were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 26.3% over the previous month and a drop of 35.9% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $823.18m.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, Europe held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $207.97m. At the country level, China topped the list in terms of deal value at $133.09m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for retail industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in December 2020 was China with 14 deals, followed by the US with 12 and India with four.
In 2020, as of the end of December 2020, retail venture financing deals worth $9.25bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 7.9% year on year.
Retail industry venture financing deals in December 2020: Top deals
The top five retail industry venture financing deals accounted for 45.04% of the overall value during December 2020.
The combined value of the top five retail venture financing deals stood at $237.75m, against the overall value of $527.82m recorded for the month.
The top five retail industry deals of December 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) GeniLink Capital, Huasai Fund, Huazhi Capital, Ideate Investments, Renmin Pudong Investment, SAIF Partners China, Shanghai Liangji Industrial, Shanghai Science & Technology Investment, Shanghai Strategy Fund, Shanghai Zhangjiang Technology Venture Capital, Shenli Investment, Youkai Investment and Zhangjiang Torch Venture Capital’s $78.75m venture financing of 1 Pharmacy Yaofang Technology (Shanghai)
2) The $44m venture financing of Gorillas Technologies by Coatue Management
3) Future Shape, GV Management Co, John Mayer, LVMH Luxury Ventures, TCG, Tom Brady and True Ventures’ $40m venture financing of Hodinkee
4) The $40m venture financing of Jane by Tritium Partners
5) Greater Bay Area Common Home Investment, Sequoia Capital China, Shunwei Capital Partners and Source Code Capital’s venture financing of Shenzhen Kaisi Times Technology for $35m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.