Total retail industry venture financing deals in September 2020 worth $246.51m were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 79.3% over the previous month and a drop of 68.9% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $793.53m.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $171m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $169m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for retail industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in September 2020 was the US with seven deals, followed by India with five and China with three.
In 2020, as of the end of September 2020, retail venture financing deals worth $6.31bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 1.4% year on year.
Retail industry venture financing deals in September 2020: Top deals
The top five retail industry venture financing deals accounted for 75.05% of the overall value during September 2020.
The combined value of the top five retail venture financing deals stood at $185m, against the overall value of $246.51m recorded for the month.
The top five retail industry deals of September 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) D1 Capital Partners’ $100m venture financing of GOAT Group
2) The $33m venture financing of Chairish by Altos Ventures, Azure Capital Partners, OâReilly AlphaTech Ventures and Tritium Partners
3) EE Capital, IIFL Seed Ventures Fund, LionRock Global, Rise Capital, RPG Ventures and Techpro Ventures’ $25m venture financing of Hopscotch.in
4) The $15m venture financing of Bloomscape by Bob Mylod, General Catalyst Partners, Jeff Boyd, John Replogle, Ludlow Ventures and Revolution Ventures
5) Edison Partners, Foundry Group and Ridgeline Ventures’ venture financing of The Proâs Closet for $12m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.