The UK consumer industry saw a rise of 3.8% in overall deal activity during Q4 2019, when compared with the last four-quarter average, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
A total of 138 deals worth $2.14bn were announced in Q4 2019, compared to the last four-quarter average of 133 deals.
M&A was the leading category in the quarter with 83 deals which accounted for 60.1% of all deals.
In second place was venture financing with 32 deals, followed by private equity with 23 transactions, respectively accounting for 23.2% and 16.7% of overall deal activity in the country’s consumer industry during the quarter.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading deal category in the UK consumer industry with total deals worth $1.28bn, while private equity and venture financing deals totalled $751.58m and $108.7m, respectively.
The UK consumer industry deals in Q4 2019: Top deals
The top five consumer deals accounted for 47.7% of the overall value during Q4 2019.
The combined value of the top five consumer deals stood at $1.02bn, against the overall value of $2.14bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry deals of Q4 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Silver Lake Partners’s $500m private equity deal with City Football Group
2) The $147.02m acquisition of Anllian Holdco (BVI) by Blossom Fortune Investment, Sequoia Jingyuan (Xiamen) Equity Investment Partnership (Limited Partnership), Super Grand Global, Z BabylonInvestments Limited and Z Babylon Norwich Investments
3) Twenty14 Holdings’ $144.49m asset transaction with Galliard Homes
4) The $121.44m acquisition of The Horserace Totalisator Board by Alizeti Capital
5) Good Set Investments’ acquisition of Xin Yunlian Investment for $109.14m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.