Total consumer industry M&A deals in November 2019 worth $429.8m were announced in the UK, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 10.4% over the previous month and a drop of 69.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.43bn.
The UK held a 4.6% share of the global consumer industry M&A deal value that totalled $9.4bn in November 2019.
In terms of deal activity, the UK recorded 23 deals during November 2019, marking a decrease of 30.3% over the previous month and a drop of 17.9% over the 12-month average.
The UK consumer industry M&A deals in November 2019: Top deals
The top five consumer industry M&A deals accounted for 95.2% of the overall value during November 2019.
The combined value of the top five consumer M&A deals stood at $409.21m, against the overall value of $429.8m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry deals of November 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Blossom Fortune Investment, Sequoia Jingyuan (Xiamen) Equity Investment Partnership (Limited Partnership), Super Grand Global, Z Babylon Investments Limited and Z Babylon Norwich Investments’ $147.02m acquisition of Anllian Holdco (BVI)
2) The $109.14m acquisition of Xin Yunlian Investment by Good Set Investments
3) Deka Immobilien’s $103.49m acquisition of Ducie Street Warehouse in Manchester
4) The $35.33m acquisition of Lee & Man Development Limited by South Land Development Limited
5) Fosun Tourism Group’s asset transaction with Thomas Cook Group for $14.23m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.