Total consumer industry M&A deals in Q4 2019 worth $1.28bn were announced in the UK, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 53.7% over the previous quarter and a drop of 70.9% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $4.43bn.
The UK held a 1.4% share of the global consumer industry M&A deal value that totalled $89.73bn in Q4 2019.
In terms of deal activity, the UK recorded 83 deals during Q4 2019, marking a rise of 1.2% over the previous quarter and a drop of 2.4% over the last four-quarter average.
The UK consumer industry M&A deals in Q4 2019: Top deals
The top five consumer industry M&A deals accounted for 48.8% of the overall value during Q4 2019.
The combined value of the top five consumer M&A deals stood at $625.59m, against the overall value of $1.28bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry deals of Q4 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Blossom Fortune Investment, Sequoia Jingyuan (Xiamen) Equity Investment Partnership (Limited Partnership), Super Grand Global, Z BabylonInvestments Limited and Z Babylon Norwich Investments’ $147.02m acquisition of Anllian Holdco (BVI)
2) The $144.49m asset transaction with Galliard Homes by Twenty14 Holdings
3) Alizeti Capital’s $121.44m acquisition of The Horserace Totalisator Board
4) The $109.14m acquisition of Xin Yunlian Investment by Good Set Investments
5) Deka Immobilien’s asset transaction with for $103.49m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.