Total retail industry M&A deals in September 2020 worth $4.87bn were announced in the US, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 1372.5% over the previous month and a rise of 147% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.97bn.
The US held a 38.7% share of the global retail industry M&A deal value that totalled $12.59bn in September 2020.
In terms of deal activity, the US recorded 26 deals during September 2020, marking an increase of 13.04% over the previous month and a rise of 8.3% over the 12-month average.
The US retail industry M&A deals in September 2020: Top deals
The top five retail industry M&A deals accounted for 99.5% of the overall value during September 2020.
The combined value of the top five retail M&A deals stood at $4.85bn, against the overall value of $4.87bn recorded for the month.
The top five retail industry deals of September 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Meritage Group’s $3bn acquisition of Les Schwab Tire Centers
2) The $1.75bn asset transaction with JC PenneyInc by Brookfield Property Group and Simon Property Group
3) FULLBEAUTY Brands’s $40.8m asset transaction with Ascena Retail Group
4) The $36m asset transaction with Fuccillo Associates of Florida, Sr. Fuccillo Affiliates of Florida and William B. Fuccillo by LMP Automotive Holdings
5) Triunity Automotive Group’s asset transaction with Pendragon for $21m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.