Bandai Namco Holdings has completed an acquisition of an 80% stake in Nippon Imports.

Bandai Namco is an entertainment technology company, while Nippon Imports is a collectable toy sales firm that operates under the Bluefin brand.

Bandai Namco will set up a new subsidiary named Bandai Namco Collectibles in October 2018. The new entity will commence operations under the Bluefin brand in January 2019.

Nippon Imports’ founder and CEO Steve Fujimura will serve as the CEO for Bandai Namco Collectibles and will retain a 20% stake in the company.

Evergrande Group has entered an agreement to acquire a 23.86% stake in Xinjiang Guanghui Industry Investment Group (Guanghui Group) for CNY6.68bn ($975.08m).

Evergrande Group will also spend CNY7.81bn ($1.14bn) to increase its capital in Guanghui Group.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

Evergrande Group will hold a 40.964% stake in the Guanghui Group, upon completion of the capital increase, becoming the second-biggest shareholder of the group.

Evergrande Group is a subsidiary of China Evergrande Group, while Guanghui Group is involved in energy, vehicle sales, logistics and real estate businesses.

SACI Falabella has completed an acquisition of the remaining 35% stake in Construdecor from Dimitrios Markakis for $60m.

Based in Chile, SACI Falabella is an online and offline retail platform that operates department stores, supermarkets and speciality home improvement retail stores.

SACI Falabella will hold 100% stake in Construdecor upon completion of the transaction.

Demarest Advogados is the legal advisor to SACI Falabella, while Mattos Filho, Veiga Filho, Marrey Jr. e Quiroga is the legal advisor to Dimitrios Markakis for the transaction.

Flipkart has acquired Upstream Commerce to support its sellers and drive growth.

“Lingaro has completed an acquisition of a majority stake in ORBA.”

Based in India, Flipkart is an online retailer, while Upstream Commerce is an Israel-based technology start-up offering cloud-based automated competitive pricing and product analysis solutions.

The transaction is in line with Flipkart’s strategy of solving e-commerce challenges through technology innovations. Flipkart will use Upstream’s solutions in order to deliver insights to its sellers to optimise their product range and pricing strategies.

Empire Company has entered an agreement to acquire Farm Boy from Berkshire Partners and Farm Boy’s management shareholders for $618.31m.

Empire Company is a Canadian conglomerate engaged in food retailing and related real estate, while Farm Boy operates fresh market stores in 26 locations across Ontario, Canada.

The transaction will enable Empire to improve its Sobeys and FreshCo banners in Ontario, as well as expand in urban markets.

Empire will also launch its Farm Boy concept in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), as well as establish new stores and convert existing Sobeys locations.

The private-label products of Farm Boy will be available through Sobeys’ Ocado-based e-commerce business, which will be launched in 2020 in GTA.

Michael Kors intends to acquire Versace for approximately $2bn.

Michael Kors is a handbag and clothing brand based in the US, while Versace is a fashion house based in Italy.

The Versace family currently holds an 80% stake, while the remaining 20% is held by Blackstone Group.

Lingaro has completed an acquisition of a majority stake in ORBA.

Established in 2008, Lingaro is a digital transformation company, while ORBA is a growing e-commerce firm. Both the companies involved in the transaction are based in Poland.

The customers of Lingaro can use ORBA’s Microsoft and Magento-accredited solutions in order to create and manage online storefronts, manage online and offline consumer interactions, improve customer experiences, measure market share growth, as well as find out consumer segments.

The acquisition will enable Lingaro to strengthen its digital transformation portfolio and expand its presence in North America.