1. News
October 19, 2018

M&As this week: Walmart, DSW, Alibaba Group

Walmart has acquired Bare Necessities for an undisclosed amount.

Walmart has acquired online retailer Bare Necessities.

Walmart is a global retail company, while Bare Necessities sells women’s healthcare products. Both companies involved in the transaction are based in the US.

Bare Necessities’ products will be integrated into Walmart.com and Jet.com, but the health retailer will operate as a standalone and complementary brand.

CEO and co-founder of Bare Necessities Noah Wrubel will continue to lead the company, as well as manage the intimates category for Walmart.com and Jet.com.

DSW has agreed to acquire the operations and intellectual property of Camuto Group with its partner ABG.

Based in the US, ABG is a brand development company, while DSW is a footwear and accessories retailer.

The brands included in the deal include Vince Camuto, Louise et Cie, Sole Society, Enzo Angiolini.

“NUO Capital has acquired a minority stake in Slowear.”

Following the transaction, ABG will own a 60% stake in Camuto Group, while DSW will own the remaining 40%.

Both companies will focus on licensing brands in footwear, handbags and jewellery categories, as well as new category development for expanding each brand’s lifestyle offerings.

Alibaba Group Holding intends to acquire a minority stake in Spencer’s Retail from RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group.

Based in China, Alibaba Group is a global retail corporation, while Spencer’s Retail is a supermarket chain in India. RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group is an industrial conglomerate.

NUO Capital has acquired a minority stake in Slowear.

Slowear designs, manufactures and sells apparel for men, while NUO Capital is an investment vehicle backed by Asian investors.

Both companies involved in the transaction are based in Italy.