Total consumer industry cross border deals worth $8.6bn were announced globally for May 2021, with the $3.09bn private equity deal with Tabcorp Holdings being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 46.6% over the previous month of $16.03bn and a rise of 6.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $8.06bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a rise of 7.79% with 83 deals in May 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 77 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with cross border deals worth $5.18bn in May 2021.
Consumer industry cross border deals in May 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 69.6% of the overall value during May 2021.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $5.96bn, against the overall value of $8.6bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry cross border deals of May 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Apollo Management’s $3.09bn private equity deal with Tabcorp Holdings
2) The $2bn acquisition of Chipita by Mondelez International
3) H.I.G. Capital’s $460.13m acquisition of Travis Perkins Plumbing & Heating
4) The $255m private equity deal of Bentley Laboratories by THG
5) Saputo’s acquisition deal with Bute Island Foods and Wisconsin Specialty Protein for $155.03m.