Total consumer industry cross border private equity deals worth $340.6m were announced globally in June 2021, with Ares Management’s $215.96m private equity deal for 33.96% stake in Atletico HoldCo being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 90.8% over the previous month of $3.72bn and a drop of 87.8% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $2.78bn.
Comparing cross border deals value in different regions of the globe, Europe held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $236.55m. At the country level, the Spain topped the list in terms of deal value at $215.96m.
In terms of volumes, Europe emerged as the top region for consumer industry cross border private equity deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then North America.
The top country in terms of cross border private equity deals activity in June 2021 was the Italy with three deals, followed by the Japan with three and the US with three.
In 2021, as of June, consumer private equity deals worth $21.76bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 106.1% year on year.
consumer industry cross border private equity deals in June 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry cross border private equity deals accounted for 100% of the overall value during June 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer cross border private equity deals stood at $340.61m, against the overall value of $340.6m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry cross border private equity deals of June 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Ares Management’s $215.96m private equity deal for 33.96% stake in Atletico HoldCo
2) The $66.55m private equity deal with Nobel HygieneLtd. by Quadria Capital Investment Management
3) RedBird Capital Partners’ $37.5m private equity deal for 15% stake in Rajasthan Royals
4) The $20.58m private equity deal with Greenyard Prepared Netherlands by Cornerstone Investment Management
5) K-Stone Partners’ private equity deal with Aromatica for $0.01m.