The $575m venture financing of Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment – US was the consumer industry’s top cross border venture financing deal as total deals worth $1.8bn were announced globally in November 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 348.8% over the previous month of $401.11m and a rise of 102.9% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $887.23m.
Comparing cross border venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $1.13bn. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $1.13bn.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for consumer industry cross border venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
The top country in terms of cross border venture financing deals activity in November 2021 was the US with 13 deals, followed by the India with six and China with four.
In 2021, as of November, consumer cross border venture financing deals worth $11.75bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 154.7% year on year.
consumer industry cross border venture financing deals in November 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry cross border venture financing deals accounted for 83.7% of the overall value during November 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer cross border venture financing deals stood at $1.5bn, against the overall value of $1.8bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry cross border venture financing deals of November 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Bain Capital and MBK Partners $575m venture financing deal with Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment – US
2) The $500m venture financing of Impossible Foods by Mirae Asset Global Investments
3) Sequoia China Fund,Temasek Holdings (Private) and Warburg Pincus $200m venture financing deal with Beijing Yuanqi Forest Beverage
4) The $135m venture financing of Mensa Brand Technologies by Accel,Alpha Wave Ventures,Falcon Edge Capital,Naspers Ventures,Norwest Venture Partners and Tiger Global Management
5) SternAegis Ventures $92m venture financing deal with Zoomcar India