The $250m venture financing of Redefine Meat was the Consumer industry’s top cross border venture financing deal as total deals worth $546.7m were announced globally in May 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 12% over the previous month of $621.24m and a drop of 46.4% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.02bn.
Comparing cross border venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, Middle East and Africa held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $283m. At the country level, the Israel topped the list in terms of deal value at $283m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for Consumer industry cross border venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
The top country in terms of cross border venture financing deals activity in May 2022 was the US with seven deals, followed by the Republic of Korea (South Korea) with three and Australia with three.
In 2022, as of May, Consumer cross border venture financing deals worth $3.6bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 15% year on year.
Consumer industry cross border venture financing deals in May 2022: Top deals
The top five Consumer industry cross border venture financing deals accounted for 81.2% of the overall value during May 2022.
The combined value of the top five Consumer cross border venture financing deals stood at $444.02m, against the overall value of $546.7m recorded for the month.
The top five Consumer industry cross border venture financing deals of May 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Hanaco Ventures Capital and Synthesis Capital $250m venture financing deal with Redefine Meat
2) The $75.02m venture financing of Seek Pet Products by Bailian Group,Boyu Capital Consultancy,Confitop Capital,GP Capital,Mango Capital,Riverhead Capital Investment Management,Sino Pacific Capital and Wuchan Zhongda Group
3) C&D Emerging Industry Equity Investment,Carbonneutral Partnership,Hansoh Investment,Kangjun Capital,Probe Capital,Puhua Capital and YuanBio Venture Capital $45m venture financing deal with Enzymaster Deutschland
4) The $39m venture financing of Vitrolabs by Agronomics,Invest Fwd,Kering,Khosla Ventures,Leonardo DiCaprio,New Agrarian and Regeneration.VC
5) Aarden Partners,COLOPL NEXT,Mirae Asset Venture Investment,Signite Partners,ST Capital and Unilever Ventures $35m venture financing deal with Rael
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed cross border deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.