Total consumer industry deals worth $40.5bn were announced globally for March 2022, with the $32.98bn acquisition of Summer Infant being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 164.02% over the previous month of $15.34bn and a rise of 97.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $20.53bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 15.94% with 327 deals in March 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 389 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $36.89bn in March 2022.
consumer industry deals in March 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 90.9% of the overall value during March 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $36.81bn, against the overall value of $40.5bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry deals of March 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Kids2 $32.98bn acquisition deal with Summer Infant
2) The $2bn acquisition of Columbia Care by Cresco Labs
3) Kakao $810m acquisition deal for 20% stake in SM Entertainment
4) The $550m acquisition of CF3 SPV I by Demand Brands
5) Hoban Construction $462.48m acquisition of 13.97% stake in HANJIN KAL