Total Consumer industry deals worth $6.7bn were announced globally for April 2022, with the Mondelez International $1.3bn acquisition of S.A. de and Ricolino being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 47.7% over the previous month of $12.84bn and a drop of 65.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $19.64bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 28.35% with 278 deals in April 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 388 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $3.32bn in April 2022.
Consumer industry deals in April 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 57% of the overall value during April 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $3.82bn, against the overall value of $6.7bn recorded for the month.
The top five Consumer industry deals of April 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Mondelez International $1.3bn acquisition deal with S.A. de and Ricolino
2) The $1.1bn private equity of Irca by Advent International
3) Special Opportunities 6 Fund $550.76m private equity deal with Raag Hotels
4) The $470m acquisition of ReKTGlobal by Infinite Reality
5) Abu Dhabi Growth Fund (ADG),Baillie Gifford UK Growth Trust,Bill Gates,Cargill,Cercano Management,Christiana Musk,CPT Capital,Givaudan,IndieBio,John Doerr,Kimbal Musk,Norwest Venture Partners,SALT Fund,SoftBank Vision Fund 2,Synthesis Capital,Temasek Holdings (Private) and Tyson Foods $400m venture financing deal with Upside Foods
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.