Total consumer industry venture financing deals in July 2020 worth $1.71bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 21.3% over the previous month and a drop of 9.9% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.9bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $716.36m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $615.35m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for consumer industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in July 2020 was the US with 51 deals, followed by China with 20 and India with 18.
In 2020, as of the end of July 2020, consumer venture financing deals worth $11.99bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 14.5% year on year.
Consumer industry venture financing deals in July 2020: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 40.1% of the overall value during July 2020.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $686.3m, against the overall value of $1.71bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry deals of July 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) East Ventures, FWD Group, GIC, Qatar Investment Authority and Siam Commercial Bank’s $250m venture financing of Traveloka Group of Companies
2) The $160m venture financing of Perfect Day by Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Horizons Ventures and Temasek Holdings (Private)
3) Greycroft Partners, Horsley Bridge Partners, Lerer Hippeau Ventures and Volition Capital’s $100m venture financing of Medly Pharmacy
4) The $91.3m venture financing of Geltor by Archer Daniels Midland, Blue Horizon Ventures, CPT Capital, Cultivian Sandbox Food & Agriculture Fund II, Gelita, Humboldt Fund, iSelect Fund Management, Pegasus Technology Ventures, RIT Capital Partners, SOSV Investments and WTT Investment
5) Greenoaks Capital Management, Sound Ventures, Third Kind Venture Capital and Valor Equity Partners’ venture financing of Misfits Market for $85m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.