The $400m venture financing of Upside Foods was the Consumer industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $1.2bn were announced globally in April 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 7.7% over the previous month of $1.3bn and a drop of 48.7% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $2.34bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $797.05m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $681.47m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for Consumer industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in April 2022 was the US with 50 deals, followed by the China with 23 and India with 15.
In 2022, as of April, Consumer venture financing deals worth $7.17bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 6.3% year on year.
Consumer industry venture financing deals in April 2022: Top deals
The top five Consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 51.5% of the overall value during April 2022.
The combined value of the top five Consumer venture financing deals stood at $620m, against the overall value of $1.2bn recorded for the month.
The top five Consumer industry venture financing deals of April 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Abu Dhabi Growth Fund (ADG),Baillie Gifford UK Growth Trust,Bill Gates,Cargill,Cercano Management,Christiana Musk,CPT Capital,Givaudan,IndieBio,John Doerr,Kimbal Musk,Norwest Venture Partners,SALT Fund,SoftBank Vision Fund 2,Synthesis Capital,Temasek Holdings (Private) and Tyson Foods $400m venture financing deal with Upside Foods
2) The $101m venture financing of Sheerly Genius by H & M Hennes & Mauritz
3) Accel,Alteria Capital Advisors,Genesis Alternative Ventures,Jungle Ventures and Venturi Partners $55m venture financing deal with Believe
4) The $33m venture financing of Madison Reed by Marcy Venture Partners and Sandbridge Capital
5) Beechwood Capital,Beyonce,Goat Rodeo Capital,Melitas Ventures,NNS Holding and Trousdale Ventures $31m venture financing deal with Lemon Perfect
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.