Total consumer industry venture financing deals worth $1.6bn were announced in North America in July 2021, led by $350m venture financing of Nature’s Fynd, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 94.3% over the previous month of $797.82m and a rise of 188.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $537.09m.
North America held a 50.16% share of the global consumer industry venture financing deal value that totalled $3.09bn in July 2021. With a 36.89% share and deals worth $1.14bn, the US was the top country in North America’s venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, North America recorded 66 deals during July 2021, marking a decrease of 23.26% over the previous month and a rise of 15.79% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 62 deals during the month.
North America consumer industry venture financing deals in July 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 43.5% of the overall value during July 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $675m, against the overall value of $1.6bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of July 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Nature’s Fynd $350m venture financing deal with Balyasny Asset Management,Blackstone Strategic Partners,Export Development Bank of Iran,Hillhouse Investment,Hongkou Capital,SK and SoftBank Vision Fund 2
2) The $90m venture financing of ByHeart by AF Ventures,Bellco Capital,D1 Capital Partners,Gaingels,OCV Partners,Polaris Partners,Red Sea Ventures and Two River Group Holdings
3) Creating Culinary Communities (C3) $80m venture financing deal with Brookfield Asset Management,Dean Adler,Egon Durban ,Greg Mondre and Reef Technology
4) Glossier $80m venture financing deal with Forerunner Ventures,Index Ventures,IVP,Lone Pine Capital,Sequoia Capital and Thrive Capital
5) The $75m venture financing of Nobell Foods by AgFunder,Andreesen Horowitz,Breakthrough Energy Ventures,Fifty Years Fund,FootPrint Coalition,Germin8 Ventures,Hillhouse Capital Group,Matt Bellamy,Mission Bay Capital,New Crop Capital and Pear VC
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.