The $300m venture financing of Guoquan Shihui was the consumer industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $1.87bn were announced globally in March 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 92.3% over the previous month of $972.69m and a rise of 88.4% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $992.34m.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $929.58m. At the country level, the China topped the list in terms of deal value at $859.51m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for consumer industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in March 2021 was the China with 42 deals, followed by the US with 42 and the UK with 14.
In 2021, as of March, consumer venture financing deals worth $4.12bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 33.5% year on year.
consumer industry venture financing deals in March 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 52.2% of the overall value during March 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $977.4m, against the overall value of $1.87bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of March 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) CMB International Securities and Tiantu Investments’ $300m venture financing of Guoquan Shihui
2) The $200m venture financing of Eat JUST by Charlesbank Capital Partners, Qatar Investment Authority and Vulcan Capital Management
3) Rabo Corporate Investments, S2G Ventures and The Rise Fund’ $200m venture financing of Livekindly
4) The $155m venture financing of Harry’s by Bain Capital and Macquarie Capital (Europe)
5) Black Ant Capital, CITIC Agricultural Fund, Dehong Capital, Jingwei China, Maixing Investment, Purui Investment Fund, Sequoia China Fund and Yunfeng Fund L.P’s venture financing of Jane Eyre for $122.4m.