Total consumer industry venture financing deals worth $351.8m were announced in North America in June 2022, led by $85m venture financing of Magic Spoon, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 4% over the previous month of $366.32m and a drop of 65.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.02bn.
North America held a 41.95% share of the global consumer industry venture financing deal value that totalled $838.68m in June 2022. With a 40.21% share and deals worth $337.21m, the US was the top country in North America’s venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, North America recorded 40 deals during June 2022, marking a decrease of 24.53% over the previous month and a drop of 43.66% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 36 deals during the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
North America consumer industry venture financing deals in June 2022: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 59.1% of the overall value during June 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $207.8m, against the overall value of $351.8m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals of June 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Amy Schumer,Carter Comstock,Coefficient Capital,Constellation Capital,Halsey,Highpost Capital,Nasir Jones,Russell Westbrook,Shakira,Siddhi Capital and The Chainsmokers $85m venture financing deal with Magic Spoon
2) The $40m venture financing of Atomo Coffee by AgFunder,Horizons Ventures and S2G Ventures
3) Forerunner Ventures,Gaingels,Initialized Capital,KBW Ventures,Sozo Ventures and Y Combinator $40m venture financing deal with Eclipse Foods
4) The $23.8m venture financing of Coterie Baby by Align Ventures,Ashley Graham,Beliade,RiverPark Ventures and Willow Growth
5) Amberstone Ventures and Clover Vitality $19m venture financing deal with Cleveland Kitchen