Swiss-based travel retailer Dufry has extended contracts for its duty-free and duty-paid businesses at Belo Horizonte International Airport in Confins, Brazil.

Under the contract extension, Dufry will operate duty-free concessions for a further two years until 2029.

In addition, the company has secured a ten-year contract to continue operating its existing four duty-paid stores, which include the Dufry Shopping and Hudson concepts.

Dufry will also add three duty-paid stores, including a 670m² walkthrough store, to the airport.

The company has been operating at Belo Horizonte International Airport since 2007, with a total of ten duty-free and duty-paid stores covering a combined retail area of 1,605m².

The extension will add a further four duty-free stores to Dufry’s portfolio at the airport, which will take its total retail space to 2,228m².

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

All of the Dufry stores will offer a broad range of goods across key product categories, including beauty, liquor, food and confectionery, tobacco, toys and souvenirs, electronics, fashion and luxury accessories.

Dufry South America chief operating officer Gustavo Fagundes said: “Dufry is delighted to have not only extended our current contract at Belo Horizonte International Airport, but to also have been awarded the contract to build and operate three new duty-paid stores.

“One of these will be a walkthrough ‘megastore’ incorporating the latest digital technologies, alongside an extensive product mix comprising internationally renowned brands, exclusive products and new launches.

“Our sincere thanks go to our partners at BH Airport for the continued trust they have shown in Dufry.”

The Belo Horizonte International Airport is operated by a partnership of BH Airport, a special purpose company formed by CCR Group and Zurich Airport, and state-owned company Infraero.

The CCR-Zurich Airport owns 51% of the airport, while Infraero holds the remaining 49% stake.

The airport handles more than 11 million international and domestic passengers every year.

Dufry recently entered an agreement to merge with Italian catering company Autogrill.