Thailand-based luxury retailer Central Group will acquire a majority stake in KaDeWe’s three department stores in Germany from property company Signa Group.

KaDeWe’s stores are located in Berlin, Munich and Hamburg.

The move forms a part of the company’s strategy to fuel its expansion in Europe.

The financial terms of the transaction have not been disclosed.

Upon completion of the deal, Central will own 51% stake in KaDeWe, while the remaining 49% stake will be owned by Signa.

Central Group CEO Tos Chirathivat said that the deal, upon completion, would bolster the company’s intention to become one of the global leaders in luxury shopping malls.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

"Central Group will continue to acquire additional department stores with strong potential in important European cities," Chirathivat added.

Following the completion of the acquisition, Central anticipates its revenues in Europe to grow from the current €600m to around €900m this year and €1.2bn in 2016.

Central Group is engaged in retailing, hotels and resorts, property, wholesaling, manufacturing, and food franchise operations.

Its activities include operating department stores, specialty stores, superstores, supermarkets, minimarts, and hypermarkets; importing and distributing apparel, textiles, cosmetics, toiletries, cameras, sporting goods, household electrical appliances, musical instruments, and electrical and electronic equipment; importing and distributing fashionable clothes.